Rename images, organize them into folders and much more!
|App Name||Picture Manager|
|Publisher||j to the 4n|
|Update on||Dec 30, 2021|
|Get it on|
Featured by XDA-Developers: "Automatically rename and organize your photos with Picture Manager"
Picture Manager makes use of EXIF Metdata to rename and organize your pictures.
What Picture Manager can do for you:
Rename your pictures with different timestamp formats and other EXIF metadata like camera model, manufacturer and many more.
Additional options are:
• Replace text in filename
• Append or prepend text
• Add a counter to your filenames
• To Upper- or Lowercase
• Manually rename and delete (Premium)
Bring more organization into your picture collection by sorting your pictures into dated folders or even named by the location you've taken your pictures.
E.g. If you been on vacation and made a roundtrip, you don't need to remember the city anymore you've taken the pictures. Picture Manager will do that job for you by sorting the pictures
into folders named by the location the pictures were taken.
The organizer also offers a feature to move your images to your external sdcard or even USB Storage.
In the premium version that can be done even automatically.
A useful use case is also to move Videos to another location to prevent Google or Amazon Photos to sync them to the cloud.
Clean up your images collection
Picture Manager offers a duplicate image finder to get rid of duplicate images and restore some space on your phone memory
Also there is an option to find similar images based on PHash and AverageHash algorithm.
Edit exif metadata directly in Picture Manager, either single images or in batch mode.
Use conditions to only edit EXIF attributes matching them.
Some special features:
• Set date on multiple images and increment the time with hour/minute/second
• Set the date and time delta on multiple images (to fix wrong timezone time for example)
• Fix file modification date
When you copy files from an external medium it breaks your original file modification date and can mess up your timeline in your gallery, file explorers etc. Picture Manager can restore the timeline by restoring the file modification date with the capture date of the EXIF metadata. (Premium)
• Parse dates from filenames
Images recived by Whatsapp or other messengers got their EXIF metadata stripped. Restore the date by using the date from the filename and save as it exif date attribute and modified date (Premium)
• Optimize images to reduce file size by changing the dimensions and quality. That makes sense after backing up your original pictures in the cloud or external storage, but you want to keep the image on your phone but want to save some storage space.
• Add GPS data from GPX file.
If your camera does not have a gps module you can record your gps coordinates with a 3rd party app into a gpx file. Picture Manager can then match timestamps from your images and the locations in the gpx file and write GPS data into your images.
• Add missing EXIF thumbnails.
The thumbnail is used to display a preview images on your camera LCD screen or file explorers. It is saved into the EXIF metadata and helps cameras and file explores to show a preview of the image quickly because without it would require to read the whole image into memory beforehand
The premium version is an in app purchase and unlocks following features:
• Multiple presets
• Custom formats
• JobService to instantly rename and organize newly taken pictures
• Similar images finder
• Parse date from filenames and save as EXIF attribute
• Fix file modification date
• Add GPX data from .gpx file
• Tasker integration
If you want to help with translations, send me a mail.
Credits for translations:
Simplified Chinese: @Alpertcr7 (Twitter)